The purpose of the Health Delegate of Ukraine is to support the achievement of humanitarian goals by coordinating the design and implementation of health projects in Ukraine in accordance with technical standards and best practices.
- Ensure that projects supported by the Norwegian Red Cross in the fields of health and first aid are designed and implemented in accordance with established technical standards and project management methodologies.
- Mentor Ukrainian Red Cross health teams in relevant thematic frameworks and technical standards and support the operationalization of these standards.
- Proactively contributes with other technical staff to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalize technical standards in relevant areas.
- Performs technical assessments and scoping missions on request and contributes technically to the development of the project.
- Performs regular field monitoring, provides recommendations and assistance on project improvements and monitors their implementation in accordance with established project agreements and project plans.
- Organizes mid-term technical reviews when requested and contributes to terms of reference and inception reports for final evaluations.
- Oversees data collection and provides technical support for quarterly and annual country reports.
- Liaise with Ukrainian Red Cross technical and project teams to ensure the relevance of the technical assistance provided.
- Provides training and coaching to Host National Society project staff on the operationalization of established technical standards and when difficulties arise during implementation, as follows:
- Develop Host National Society capacity for mobile health units and ambulance services and ensure compliance with international standards
- Develop Host National Society capacity in primary health care, including service delivery, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Develop the capacity of the Host National Society in health promotion, including needs assessment, planning, implementation, reporting, preparation of information, education and contextualized communication tools, among others
- Provides emergency support to other countries and regions, as needed and requested by the Regional Office. Helps colleagues understand and use available technical tools and methodologies.
- Promotes harmonization between regions and countries by monitoring the use of common standards and tools.
- Works closely with the relevant Thematic Coordinator/Advisor at the Country Office (HQ) and other technically competent colleagues in the same discipline in other countries and regions.
- Support collaboration with other MRC technical staff to improve the overall humanitarian impact in the country.
- Collaborates with other technical advisors in the region, as required.
Mission Specific Responsibilities
The Health Delegate of Ukraine will support the implementation of other health thematic areas in Ukraine taking into account the evolving humanitarian context and as requested by the Country Program Manager
- Advanced university degree in a relevant technical discipline.
Qualifications, skills and personal knowledge
Skills and knowledges
- Thorough understanding of relevant technical standards and the operationalization of these standards in humanitarian projects.
- Proven experience in project management, including needs assessment project design, MEAL planning and reporting.
- Knowledge of technical capacity building of partner organizations.
- English as well as Russian or Ukrainian languages are compulsory;
- An advanced understanding of the use of innovative tools and approaches in a relevant technical discipline is an asset
- Very good ability to take initiatives and accept responsibilities
- Very good ability to work towards the achievement of objectives and results.
- Very good ability to cooperate and share skills
- Very good ability to develop others
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in pursuing team goals. Creates a stable and reassuring working atmosphere and is firm and reliable
How to register
Please click or copy-paste the link to apply: