Applications due 08/12/22
Date posted: July 14, 2022
Location: Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY, USA
The University at Buffalo Department of Recreation and Intramural Services is seeking an Aquatic Sports Coordinator to assist the Director of Aquatic Sports.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Aquatic Sports in the management and operations of the North Campus Aquatic Facility and the South Campus Pool.
- Assist in the coordination of day-to-day aquatic area caretaking efforts and maintenance of aquatic equipment.
- Participate in the operations and management of recreational and sporting events.
- Assistant to the director of risk management in the operations of the university training center in CPR/AED and first aid.
- Teach approximately 6-9 hours per week in swimming, CPR/AED, first aid and/or other courses as part of accreditation/certification.
- Assist in the development and implementation of instructional programs, including the management of the Learn to Swim program.
- Coordinating the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of all student support staff within the aquatics program.
- Coordinate aquatic staff work schedules using NYS Health Department codes and University guidelines for athletic teams, recreation, contract hire groups, and special events.
- Manage student assistant timesheets and oversee staff training sessions.
- Develop technical skills in: Hytek Meet and Team Manager, Colorado Timing System and Show Control System Software.
Outstanding Benefits Package:
Working at UB comes with benefits that go beyond just salary. There are personal rewards, including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and maintaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuits – all with the aim of supporting your professional and personal effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn more about our benefit packages.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Current American Red Cross lifeguard certification
- Current American Red Cross Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- Current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. or 22.68 kg.
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer
- Rescue Instructor Trainer
Salary: $37,249, full-time, 10-month position
How to register
To apply for this position, please click on this link: Click here: https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/36058
166A Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY 14260