With flood waters causing damage, disruption and displacement in the Inglewood area of Queensland, near the NSW border, we have activated an assistance package for our customers as well as the Free access to Telstra Air Wi-Fi where possible.
As the floodwaters begin to recede, we know that many people in the region will face significant distress and disruption. It is a difficult time for everyone in the community, and it is essential that people can stay in touch with family and friends.
Payphones in the region are already able to make free local and national calls to standard landlines and free calls to standard Australian mobile numbers, after we made payphones free in August 2021. During this situation flooding, we will also allow free use of the Telstra Air Wi-Fi network in areas where public telephones are equipped to provide it.
If you were moved from your home during this disaster, we’re here to help. We have activated an assistance package which offers our customers short and long term assistance measures; this assistance can range from additional data on your mobile and free call forwarding to a one-time credit to help cover the cost of bringing a fixed line service back to service.
Our support package gives Telstra customers access to free and temporary services during the short-term impacts of inclement weather, with long-term measures also available for customers who have suffered severe damage or loss of their property. home and their business.
If you’re a Telstra customer living in one of the areas we’ve listed, we’ll send you an SMS with a link to request a Disaster Assistance Package. You can also read more about our disaster assistance packages here.
If you need a temporary diversion for a landline to another number, or for other long-term assistance, please Contact us. If you are in a disaster affected area, call us at 1-800-888-888 to speak to our Disaster Assistance Team.
Our support packages for affected customers may include the following:
Short-term measures (for Telstra customers who have experienced a short-term impact, evacuation or failure):
- Calls diverted from a landline service to another number while you are moving from your home or business (to Australian numbers only)
- 25 GB data pack for post-paid mobile customers (expiration 30 days, not transferable to another service)
- 25 GB of prepaid data and free calls (expiration 30 days, not transferable to another service)
Longer term support may also be available for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage or loss of their premises and who require longer term support.
Long-term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered serious damage or loss of their premises):
- Free call forwarding from the customer’s Telstra landline service to another Australian landline or mobile service of their choice, regardless of the operator
- A one-time credit to the customer’s Telstra landline account to cover the cost of connecting to a Telstra landline service at a temporary address, and
- Reconnection of a Telstra fixed telephone service to the customer’s original permanent address.