No injuries reported in Afternoon Blaze | News, Sports, Jobs


A house on Damon Hill Road was destroyed in a fire on Sunday afternoon. Gerry Fire Department Photo

No injuries were reported and several pets were rescued after a fire destroyed a home in the Gerry district on Sunday.

The fire on Damon Hill Road was reported around 1.35pm.

Firefighters from Gerry, Sinclairville, Falconer, Ellery Center, Ellington, Fluvanna, Frewsburg and Cassadaga responded.

In a Facebook post, the Gerry Fire Department said three cats and two lizards were removed from the home; cats received oxygen using donated pet masks.

All the animals were then reunited with the family.

The fire, as a result of an investigation by the county fire investigation team, originated in a clothes dryer vent.

“No injuries were reported,” Gerry’s fire department said. “Unfortunately, the house appears to be a total loss.”

According to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office, the American Red Cross was helping the family.

EMS County, Sheriff’s Deputies and New York State Troopers also assisted on Sunday.



Today’s breaking news and more to your inbox







About admin

Check Also

September 18, 2022 | Lehigh Valley Volunteer Center Current Volunteer Opportunities | The Valley Register

Do you have experience in HR, staffing, interviewing or relationship building? Do you have excellent …